Phone: 1-416-785-2500 x 6378
Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer's™ in support of Baycrest C/O Baycrest Foundation
3560 Bathurst Street Toronto,
ON M6A 2E1
- Take your first step right now: Register online securely. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. Or call us (1-416-785-2500 x 6378) and we can get you registered over the phone.
- All teams must choose from one of two categories, the All-Star Team $25,000 level or the Pro Team $15,000 level. Before a team can hit the ice, these minimums must be met. All individuals who participate on a team must raise a minimum of $250, regardless of their team’s final total to be eligible to play.
- You can do it and we're here to help. We’ve helped thousands of people raise millions for worthy causes and we’re here to help you. Call us at 416-785-2500 x 6378 or visit the fundraising page for ideas on how to get started!
- No. That fee pays for the support you'll receive prior to and during the event and your experience on-event, which includes team jerseys and a few other surprises. 100% of your team’s fundraising revenue goes “directly” to Baycrest Foundation. Once you get started, you’ll realize that you can raise more than you imagined.
- It's easy with our secure online credit card process. Click the "Donate Now" button at the top of this page and select the participant you want to donate to. Choose a donation amount and follow the instructions. Donors will receive a tax receipt via email. To make a USD donation, please call us at 416-785-2500 x 6378.
- We make every effort to protect your personal information. The software we use for registration fees and donations on the website uses industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords and personal information travel securely over the Internet. Our software provider has also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored. Credit card information is never stored in our database or our software provider's database.
- Go to a player's Personal Page and print out the donation form. Mail in this form with your donation cheque. The mailing address is on the form. You can also get a form by calling our office at 416-785-2500 x 6598 and we can mail or fax you one. You will receive a receipt by email if your form includes a valid email address or by mail if not.
- Yes, you can absolutely receive cash donations. You have three options: Drop off the cash to our offices at Baycrest Foundation – 3560 Bathurst Street – Toronto, Ontario – M6A 2E1Write a cheque payable to Baycrest Foundation for the donation amount and mail it in with your donation form. Be sure to enter the donor’s information on the donation form.
Make the donation online using your credit card. Again, be sure to put the donor’s information in the required fields.
- The Team Captain controls the team name, goals and team page text. He or she will need to log in to his or her Participant Centre and click the "My Team Progress" button on the top right. On the Team Progress Page, Team Captains can update the team settings and personalize the team page with a photo and the team’s story.
- Log in to the site to visit your Participant Centre. Click the "Team Progress" tab and you can view your teammates and the amounts they have each raised. You can also click "Donate Now" at the top of the website, search by your team name and find a list of your teammates that way. If any teammates have made their profile private, however, they will not be listed here.
- Absolutely! You follow the same process as a standard team, but then work to market your efforts inside your company. We suggest you personalize your team page, choose an influential advocate at your company, communicate amongst yourselves by having meetings and emailing each other, support each other through your fundraising and training, and share your successes and celebrate them. Call us at 416-785-2500 x 6378 to get your team started today!
Your Participant Centre & Personal Page
- The Participant Centre is part of the website that is available to you once you register. You will have a username and password to log in. Once you do, you'll have access to some excellent tools in the Participant Centre to monitor your donations, set up or edit your Personal Page, send emails to potential donors or teammates and more!
- Your Personal Page is where friends and family can visit to donate to you online or print out a donation form with your name and participant number already on it. In fact, anyone who looks up your name in the participant database will be directed to your Personal Page. Your Personal Page is automatically created for you when you register. Then it's just a matter of personalizing it by adding images and writing messages about what made you hit the ice. Log in to the Participant Centre to get started.
- When friends or family visit the Pro-Am home page, they can click on the "Donate Now" button. When they type in your name, Personal ID Number or your team name, they will be directed to your Personal Page. Or if you send emails out from your Participant Centre, a link to your Personal Page will automatically be there at the bottom of the email.
- If you have a photo saved to your computer as a .jpg file, log in to the Participant Centre, then click "Personal Page," then click "edit the English version of this page." Next click the "Browse" button in the photo section. When a window pops up, select the photo you wish to place on your Personal Page and click "Open." The path to the file on your computer will display in the "Browse" text box. Click "Upload a different image," and your new photo will show up in the cell. Click "Save my changes." Please call us if you have any difficulties.
- We email your username and password to you when you register. You can request an email reminder from the homepage or call us and we can remind you what your username is.
- Log in to your Personal Page through the Participant Centre using your username and password. Once you are logged in, you will see a topic called "Updating Your Information." Next, select the links to update your password and profile. You will be able to change your contact information, email address, username and password. All changes will be made to your account immediately. There is no need to sign back in. If you are having difficulties, call our coaches.
- Quite simply, yes. The Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer's in support of Baycrest will make a profound impact on the Baycrest Foundation’s mission to support Baycrest Health Sciences, a leader in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia care, research and education.
- One hundred percent of all donations go directly to Baycrest Foundation and from there it pays for the costs of the event and then invests in leading-edge aging and cognitive neuroscience research, advancements in the mitigation of age-related illness and impairment and the care and treatment of patients living with dementia, Alzheimer’s and other brain function related illnesses.
- When you participate in The Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer's in support of Baycrest, you in effect become part of the Baycrest care team here in Ontario. Proceeds benefit Baycrest, an international leader in Alzheimer’s research, treatment and care. Baycrest is leading the way in the creation and implementation of the new gold standards in care for those living with aging brain health. Funds raised will be used for groundbreaking research, advances in treatment and giving hope to families and individuals in our community living with these challenging illnesses.
- As the population ages, the number of people with dementia or cognitive impairment in Canada is expected to almost double to about 1.4 million by 2031. At Baycrest, our work helps to preserve and extend the cognitive and emotional well-being of older adults. Donors to the Baycrest Foundation play a critical role in keeping Baycrest running as government funding only makes up about 64% of revenues. Contributions to the Foundation help support research in brain health and aging, education and stimulating programs that make life more meaningful for seniors at Baycrest and in the community.
- Baycrest Health Sciences is a global leader in geriatric residential living, healthcare, research, innovation and education, with a special focus on brain health and aging. This two-day tournament allows everyday hockey fans and hundreds of participants the chance to lace up their skates and team up with some of hockey’s greatest players to raise money for Baycrest Foundation.
- The Pro-Am started in 2004 and is entering its 15th year – August 2020. We are proud to have Scotiabank as our title sponsor for 14 years!