- Each team must have a minimum of 11 players and a maximum of 15 players on the bench for each game
- All players must sign the tournament waiver prior to first game
- Each team which raises $25,000+ is guaranteed to play three games with your drafted alumnus – Teams raising $15,000-$24,999 play three games, two games with an alumnus
- All games consist of three, 15-minute (run time) periods with stop time in the last minute of the third period
- All teams must be ready to play 10 minutes prior to scheduled game time
- In the first period, the clock will start after the 5-minute warm-up
- If opposing teams have matching hockey jerseys, the team that raised the most funds will not have to wear the pinnies
- Ties will be broken by a shoot-out
- Standard non-contact rules apply
- Only CSA-approved equipment is allowed
- All players must wear CSA-approved helmets at all times when on the ice
- No red line icing (blue line icing); automatic icing in effect
- All team captains must sign the event game sheet prior to start of each game
Rules and Infractions
- A referee will be assigned to every game; a referee’s decision is final
- Any player receiving three minor penalties or a game misconduct will be ejected from the game and any player receiving a match or major fighting penalty will be ejected from the tournament
- Fighting, overtly aggressive or sustained unsafe play by a participant may cause ejection from the event with no reimbursement of funds raised or player registration
- No slap shots allowed; if deemed intentional, the opposing team receives a penalty shot
- Penalties will be taken as a penalty shot: minor (1) major (3)
- Each Pro-Am team must raise at least $15,000 in order to play in the Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s and attend the draft party.
- Each player from a non-corporate funded team must individually raise at least $250.
- An individual (free agent) player must raise at least $1,000 in order to play in the Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s and attend the draft party.
- If a player/team does not meet the minimum fundraising requirements by April 15th, 2018 at 7PM, they will not qualify to play in the Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s or attend the draft party. Funds raised and registration fee for each player will not be refunded.
View the fundraising benefit chart
If you seek more clarity about the rules or policies for the Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s, please contact Dawn Collins, Manager, Hockey Operations 416-785-2500 x 6598 or DCollins@baycrest.org