- Umm… really? That’s like asking: “Why did every Leafs fan smile when the Bruins were eliminated from this year’s playoffs?” OK, fine. You want an answer. Here it is: As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have cancelled the 2020 Pro-Am in support of Baycrest. This was necessary to protect the safety of our participants, NHL Alumni, staff and volunteers.
- Good question! The 2021 Pro-Am will take place on April 29 – May 1, 2021. Draft night will take place on Thursday, April 29, and all games will be played at the Scotiabank Pond on Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1. We’ll see you there, right?
- Lara Fellman, Manager, Pro-Am at 416-785-2500 x 3496 or by email at email@example.com
- Brian Krinberg, Manager Pro-Am Sales and Development at 416-785-2500 x 6378 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer's™ in support of Baycrest C/O Baycrest Foundation 3560 Bathurst Street Toronto, ON M6A 2E1
- First off, your Baycrest Pro-Am Team is incredibly grateful for every minute of your efforts to support our cause. Each year, the funds raised by players like you go to support research into brain health and aging at Baycrest, an international leader in Alzheimer’s research, treatment and care. Because we know how hard you work, we’re also getting ready to hand out some prizes to those who raised the most this year. Stay tuned for that.
- Secondly… well, read the next section. We’ve got you covered for 2021.
- Here’s the deal: Next year, all teams and individual players will start their fundraising from scratch. Teams will be required to raise a minimum of $15,000. However, teams that raise a minimum of $25,000 will receive credit for their 2020 totals that will apply toward their 2021 Draft Night positioning. So get to it! Your draft lottery position could improve significantly.
- Unfortunately, that’s a “no-go.” Please tell them (nicely!) that the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) regulations state we are not permitted to provide a refund for a donation. If your donor continues to chirp you about this, or wants more info, they can contact Lara Fellman, Manager, Baycrest Pro-Am at email@example.com.
You have two options for your 2020 registration fee:
- You can donate your fee to Baycrest. A full tax receipt will be issued and the amount will be added to your team credits for the 2021 tournament, or;
- We could apply this year’s registration fee against your registration in 2021. Should you be interested in this option, please contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org for the registration code.
- In accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), we are not permitted to provide a refund for a donation. Baycrest would like to thank all donors for contributing critically needed funds to enable us to support groundbreaking Alzheimer’s research. Your gift will make a significant impact for our Baycrest community.
From the CRA:
In most cases, a registered charity cannot return a donor’s gift. At law, a gift transfers ownership of the money or other gifted property from the donor to the charity. Once the transfer is made, the charity is obliged to use the gift in carrying out its charitable purposes.